August 4, 2020

Gas balloons catch fire in Baghpat, children injured

first_imgOver half a dozen children were injured when hydrogen-filled balloons caught fire at a function to welcome Bihar Governor Satyapal Malik in Baghpat district on Saturday. Six of the children were injured and have been admitted to the district hospital. Mr. Malik was visiting his ancestral village of Hisawda in Baghpat for the first time after being appointed Governor. Local villagers had organised a hydrogen-filled balloon for an event to welcome him. According to officials, immediately after Mr. Malik left the function, someone smoked a cigarette. This led to the balloons catching fire and bursting one by one. Children competing with each other to grab the balloons were brunt.The condition of the injured children is serious but stable, said a local official.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *